Free Access Databases at Rutgers
- GradFund, a service of the School of Graduate Studies maintains a database of funding opportunities accessible to Rutgers – Newark postdocs and graduate students
- Pivot is a comprehensive award database available at no cost to Rutgers faculty, students, and staff that can be customized based on research interests, type of sponsor, type of award, and many other criteria. An easy to use “How-to” guide is available here.
- Foundation Directory Online provides information on over 100,000 private funders, includes a searchable database of recent awards and allows users to sign up to receive email alerts.
- The Rutgers Office of Postdoctoral Affairs’s external funding page has additional resources. Please also visit their career development site to see extensive resources for all aspects of career development including networking, mentoring, job searches, grant-writing, assessment, leadership, and teaching among others.
The following databases are maintained by other institutions but are publicly searchable:
- Duke University (933 postdoc opportunities)
- Harvard University (368 opportunities)
- UCLA Graduate and Postdoctoral Extramural Support (GRAPES) Database
- Georgetown University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- NIH – Fogarty Center Non-NIH funding for predoctoral and graduate researchers
- H-Net— humanities and social sciences opportunities
- Institute for Broadening Participation Funding and other resources for postdocs
- Proposal writing guides
- GrantSpace. A portal to free information available from the Foundation Center sorted by subjects, skills, classroom, tools, blog.
Please send comments and suggestions to Joe Broderick.