Skip to main content
Research Contract/Grant Specialist
- Provides support to faculty, staff and students in the development and preparation of grant/contract proposals and applications.
- Submits applications and proposals using federal electronic submission portals and other sponsor-required methods.
- Interprets federal, state and other sponsored research policies.
- Reviews grant/contract applications for completeness and adherence to the requirements of the funding agency and Rutgers University policies.
- Reviews grant budgets for accuracy and compliance.
- Negotiates contracts and agreements.
- Provides training and workshops in building and strengthening proposal development skills, grant writing expertise and finding funding opportunities.
- Provides training and support in use of non-financial research administration systems.
Senior Grant Facilitator
- Identifies external sources of funding and matches them to the RU-N community’s interests and expertise.
- Assists in the preparation of competitive funding proposals.
- Develops collaborative multidisciplinary project teams across academic departments, centers, and institutes for significant funding opportunities.
- Expands relationships between RU-N and private funding entities.
- Conducts appropriate workshops and seminars on topics related to competing successfully for external funding.
Senior Administrative Assistant
- Supports the Vice Chancellor and the ORSP Staff.
- Disseminates research notifications to the RU-N community.
- Coordinates staff searches.
- On-boards research staff.
- Coordinates research sponsored workshops, meetings, and conferences.
- Works closely with the PI Department, Registrar, and Business Office, to process Tuition Remission Waivers and reimburse the PI external grant account for the amunt of in-state tuition.
- Implementing instructions to assist the PI in the collection of internal funds.
- Processes internal awards to awardees.